The Gloucestershire Building Recording Group (GBRG)
This project is managed by the committee of the GBRG.
The groups committee consists of:
• Dr Andy Moir (Chairman)
• Mary Matthews (Secretary)
• Toby Catchpole (Treasurer)
• Mike Joy (Membership)
The GBRG was founded in 1993 with the aims of: recording buildings, encouraging the publication of research on buildings, and to act as a hub for information on building archaeology. To date the group has recorded some 200 buildings, including a number in Newent as part of the ongoing Survey of Historic Buildings led by Diane Charlesworth. The GBRG is affiliated with the Vernacular Architecture Group (VAG) and Mary Matthews was heavily involved with their 2013/2014 Spring Conference, which highlighted some of the timber-framed buildings in Gloucestershire.
The project is kindly supported by many groups with whom we are closely liaising on the project and the selection of buildings in each the three areas proposed.
Groups who are supporting the project are:
• The Gloucester Heritage Forum
• Gloucester Cathedral
• Gloucester Civic Trust
• Gloucester City Conservation Officers
• British Deaf Association
• Gloucester Deaf Association
• Tewkesbury Historical Society
• John Moore Museum
• Tewkesbury Museum
• Newent Local History Society
• St Mary’s Church (Newent)
• Newent and District U3A Historic Buildings Group